Notice is hereby given that our AGM will be taking place on the 25th of March. We’ll be going out for dinner in Creswick and planning the year ahead.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
These awesome tees are for a *limited time only* available for $30 including postage. Please email email@example.com to order. Or if you attend events under our very good friends over at PCV you can grab yours for $25. Please see photos for colours modeled by the lively & lovely ADF folks!
Our thirty-fifth Beltane weekend on the Mount has come to a close. Thank you to everybody who braved the cold and wet weather to come and celebrate with us. It was just excellent to see so many new faces in amongst our old friends.
We will have a detailed run-down of the weekend in the coming week or so, but for now we wanted to thank all those lovely people and organisations who made this event possible. Thank you so much for all of your support, enthusiasm and generosity throughout the weekend:
- To the Sustainable Hepburn Association (SHARE), for their ongoing support of the Gathering, and for the huge amount of work they put in behind-the-scenes in the lead up to the event each year.
- To Nickole, River, Fiona, Lisa and everyone else from the Melbourne Reclaiming Community, for hosting the beautiful Beltane rite on Saturday evening. Thank you for making everyone feel so welcome and included in what was many people’s first Reclaiming ritual.
- To KC Guy, who travelled all the way from South Australia to play his beautiful music at the Mount.
- To Shaz, Callum, Ang, Dean, Rick and all the other good folk of Silver Birch Grove ADF, for the thousand and one things you did to help throughout the weekend, and also for helping us cover the cost of the portaloos this year! We are just blown away by your kindness and generosity.
- To all our brilliant and incredibly generous 2016 raffle donors. Thank you so much for your donations! Because of you, this year was our biggest raffle yet, helping cover costs and keep the Gathering free, as it should be!
- To our wonderful workshop facilitators: Daniel, Anne, Ryan and Peter; for providing entertaining and engaging workshops on such a wide variety of topics!
- To Kylie, Mark, Sarah, Seumas, Alvin, Lee, Alex, Curtis, Will, Peter, Julie, Conner and David for helping out with the dozens of big and little tasks at the Organisers’ camp all weekend, from selling raffle tickets to rigging our beautiful maypole.
- To Kylie Moroney Photography, for once again taking beautiful photos of the Gathering (the first one is at the top of this post – more to come!).
- To the Australian Stage Company, for your Saturday night mummers’ play.
- To Peter, who saved our bacon (well, sausages?) when we experienced multiple technical difficulties with our barbeque.
- To Sally, for her delicious satay sauce that is now a Beltane tradition for many of us!
- To Erika Turnbull, for the lovely green man logo we continue to use on our MFPG tshirts.
- And finally, to anyone and everyone who braved the elements (it turns out none of us were actually soluble in water!) to celebrate Beltane with us on the Mountain. We saw lots of new faces, and even a few faces from interstate. We felt honored to share this festival with all of you, and humbled at the beautiful little community at the Mountain this year. Bring on 2017!
– Linda, Michel, Josie and Ryan
Mount Franklin Organisers
Not long to go now until our 35th Annual Event!
As the weekend draws nearer, we’ve put together some information that will help you in your preparations. Please also make yourself familiar with our Schedule, Camping at the Mount, Frequently Asked Questions and Ritual Etiquette pages before you set our for the weekend. 🙂
- On arrival, please visit the Organisers’ camp (look for the big MFPG banner) first and sign in.
- Please park and camp considerately. With registrations full, we should have a large turnout this year. Please be mindful of this and do not spread your camp out further than it needs to. Cars need to be parked as far back as possible. If you’re not sure where to park/camp, ask one of your friendly Organisers!
- Weather in Central Victoria. If you have read our Camping at the Mount page (which you really need to do if you haven’t already!), you’ll know that the weather here in Central Victoria can be unpredictable – we often experience four seasons in one afternoon!
At the time this post goes live, the BOM forecast for the area is predicting a high chance of rain on Friday, slight chance of rain on the Saturday, and no rain on Sunday. Predicted top temperatures are in the low teens – this year’s Gathering will be a chilly one!
This means that wet/cold weather gear is a must this year – coats, beanies, warm socks, umbrellas, etc. We are still getting the occasional overnight frost here – night time will be very brisk!
- Bring some change! The MFPG is free to attend, and we want to keep it that way. With rising running costs such as portaloos, this means we rely on fundraising activities such as our raffle and sausage sizzle to help us get by.
- Bring books to swap! We are having our very first book swap this year. Bring along your Pagan-ish books to exchange at our take a book/leave a book Book Swap, which will run on the Friday and Saturday of the event. Any left over books will become raffle prizes on Sunday.
- Bring your witchy wares! Our swap and barter market opens at 5pm on Friday.
- Bring a string (or three) of solar lights! We use solar lights to help make the crater safe to navigate at night.
- Bring your acoustic musical instrument/s! We are having a bardic circle on the Friday evening facilitated by the lovely KC Guy.
- Bring boring but useful things like rubbish bags – we have a policy of leaving the Mount in a better state than it was before the Gathering. There are no bins on site, so all rubbish will need to be taken with you.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Registrations are now open for the 35th annual Mount Franklin Pagan Gathering.
How to Register:
- In an email, write your name and those of any companions (legal names only). You must also include a contact number.
- Please send to our email address only! (firstname.lastname@example.org), with the subject “Registration for 2016 Gathering”
- Registration is only required if you are camping at the Mount for one or more nights. We do not require registrations for the general public or people sleeping off site.
- Upon arrival at the Gathering, please report to the Organisers and sign in. You will be issued with a wristband which signifies you as part of the registered and insured participants.
- All attendees of the Gathering must familiarize themselves with the information presented on our FAQ, Camping at the Mount and Ritual Etiquette pages prior to attending.
Not long to go now! See you on the Mount!